Some time last Fall I bought a Perrin Defense Wallet (also known as a sap wallet) in size large from Laci Szabo of Szabo Incorporated. It is just about the only self defense product that is exempt from weapons bans in EVERY corner of the world. It serves a legitimate purpose other than SD (as a wallet/change purse), and so there's not much anyone can charge you for if you have to smack their deadbeat family member over the head with it.
Here's some pros and cons:
- It's made of heavy-duty garment leather, and stitched well to prevent spillages.
- It has a space for credit cards and cash, one on each side of the wallet.
- It has enough room for about 10-12.00 in quarters on the inside. If one so chooses, one could get one of those little plastic keychain changeholders, fill it with quarters, and then slide it into the credit-card spot (to reduce jingling and flatten the package).
- It's simple to use: Just fill with quarters, ID cards, and cash, fold tail under and over your belt and snap the cuff closure around the loose end. If you need quick access to it in an emergency headbreaking situation, just quickly unsnap the cuff closure and yank the wallet from under your belt.
- It's legal everywhere.
- At nearly 60.00 shipped, it's a bit on the expensive side for a few pieces of leather sewn together. I'm willing to accept that; some may not be. I could probably make one myself, but it wouldn't look as cool and be as "bulletproof" so to speak. But to each his own.
Manufacturer/Designer: Fred Perrin.
Price: Anywhere from 45.00 to 55.00, depending on where you get it.
Berserker's Overall Rating: 5 STARS!
This product is Berserker-Endorsed and will be for all time.