- This is a pipe lighter--it has a removable "fuel tank" with which you can light a pipe (or campfire--anything that requires "distance" from your hand and the ability to tip the flame like a candle).
- It is windproof, as long as you have the "chimney slide" type thing choked up and the wick trimmed.
- It is remarkably fuel-efficient, due to its unique fuel tank cap and built-in snuffer that seals around the top of the tank when closed.
- It is lightweight. I think it's either made of steel or tin, but whatever it is, it's light.
- It is easily maintained--all you ever have to do is replace the flints (and wicks, periodically. It accepts Zippo brand wicks in a pinch). Replacing the flints is much easier than it is on a Zippo; all you have to do is press on the release catch on the bottom and swing out the innards, which remain in one piece (no stupid tiny little screws to lose).
- Using it always seems to impress friends and coworkers--it just has a neat, swing-out ignition method that always catches people's attention. So if you want to look cool, buy these lighters.
- It rusts easily if exposed to water and not dried thoroughly.
- It has "poky" corners that can be uncomfortable and can tear holes in thin pockets.
- If it gets soaked in a stream, it won't work till you let it dry out completely, and then it will probably only work for a little while due to the fluid being washed out/diluted by the water.
Manufacturer: IMCO Corporation, Vienna, Austria.
Price: 12.00- 20.00 from various sellers.
Berserker's Overall Rating: All in all, I'd give this product a 4.5-star rating. The benefits far outweigh the detriments.
Sold by: www.sportsmansguide.com, among others.
Well, what are you waiting for?! Go GET one (or two)!