Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rotring Newton 600 Series Ballpoint Pen Review.

A few weeks ago I bought a Rotring pen (old model) at about 60-70% off the retail price from an Ebay seller.
It arrived at my college addy on time and was waiting on me when I got back.
I've given it about a week (I normally give each piece of gear I buy about a week at minimum before doing a review).
I've used it for taking notes in classes.
I've used it to write grocery lists.
I've used it.
And I must say; I've never had a pen quite like it.
The Old style of Rotring pens had checkered finger grips, which evidently were too hard on the soft fingertips of business executives everywhere, so the Rotring company (located in Germany) gave it another try with this pen design (smooth grips).

PROS:
  • Hefty but not excessively thick.
  • Writes smoothly with included ballpoint insert or Parker brand standard pen refills.
  • Graceful lines and characteristic "Red Ring" ("Rotring" means "red ring" in German) mark this as a real Rotring pen, making it a good choice for the traveling businessman who wants to make a good impression on co-workers and higher-ups.
CONS:
  • "New" style of smooth-sided, round grips tends to slide in my hand rather than providing the grippiness that the "Old" style of Rotrings would have (with their knurled grips).





SPECS: Milled brass barrel, steel fittings and red plastic ring. Heavy-duty clip. Accepts standard Parker Ballpoint Pen Refills.


Manufacturer's Website: www.rotring.com
Price: I got mine for roughly 30.00; MSRP on a Newton 600 Series pen is much higher.
Berserker's Overall Rating: 4.5 Stars out of 5. You can't get much better than this!


Go get one!
PMZ

1 comment:

alan said...

Very cool idea! Thanks for posting this.
Really its amazing information about Pen Ballpoint
Awesome job !!! well done keep it up.