Wearing these pants is like wearing clouds around your waist, due to the elastic sidebands that flex when you do. See below for a summarization of the Pros and Cons....
- They're tough.
- They're comfy.
- They've got plenty of strategically-placed pockets--DEEP pockets that will not empty themselves of your gear when you sit down or bend over.
- Teflon finish, to prevent (for a time, till the finish washes out) stains from appearing on your brand-new pair of pants.
- None, so far as I can tell.
SPECS (taken from retailer's website):
The Woolrich Elite Series men’s pant offers long lasting durability, function and comfort. Elite Series pant is made with rugged 8.5 ounce 100% cotton canvas that will stand up to continuous use. The fabric is reactive dyed in order to ensure a superior level of fade resistance. To further enhance durability, the fabric is treated with DuPont Teflon® fabric protector. This offers a breathable, durable barrier that repels both water and oil based spills. Last but not least, the pant is garment-washed for a soft, broken in feel.
You can carry a myriad of items/gear with ten strategically located multi-use pockets, including two hidden back pockets, two cargo pockets and two utility pockets. All critical seams have double-needle stitching and bar-tacking at stress points. The waist band features side elastic panels for all-day comfort and freedom of movement. There is a concealed brass zipper front fly along with a metal tack-button closure for strength and reliability. The reinforced belt loops will accommodate belts up to 2 inches wide.
1) Tack-Button Closure
2) Comfort Waist with Elastic Side Panels
3) Front Pockets (2)
4) Utility Pockets with nylon liner (2)
5) Cargo Pockets (2)
6) Double wall construction at seat & knee. Knee has an inside opening for padding (not included).
7) Metal D-Ring
8) Reinforced Belt Loops
9) Wallet/ID Pockets (2)
10) Oversized Back Pockets (2)
• 8.5 oz 100% cotton canvas, reactive dyed and garment-washed
• DuPont Teflon® Fabric Protector
• Double-needle stitching and bar-tacking at stress points.
Machine wash warm with like colors. Only non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry, remove promptly. Warm iron as desired.
Manufacturer's website: www.backyardoutfitter.com/Index.htm
Price: I got mine for 20% off during the Summer Sales event, so I saved some moolah. But, you can still find them for about 45.00-50.00, depending on where you get them.
Berserker's Overall Rating: 5.0 Stars out of 5.
For the best in BDU/tactical operator clothing, go with Woolrich Elite!