- Nearly 4-inch blade length is big enough for any folder-sized task.
- 4-way reversible clip for a variety of carry positions.
- VG-10 steel is tougher and needs honing less often than other inferior steels such as AUS-8.
- Easily disassembled for deep cleaning/maintenance/pimping.
- The Wave feature makes it super easy to open.
- It's pretty wide and non-PC, especially with the Emerson Wave opening. (Not something I usually worry about, but for those of us who do it's good to know).
- The lockback locking mechanism isn't the easiest to adapt to after years of carrying linerlocks.
- The beautiful mirror finish it comes with is easily marred when sharpening. This can of course be fixed with the proper polishing gear, which I do not have.
This is a great knife for anyone who cannot afford a real Emerson knife, or for travel (to minimize loss if confiscated by foreign authorities or the TSA). With the VG-10 steel, it's the perfect knife for those of us who do not have hours to hone super hard alloys or to have to take time every weekend to sharpen super-soft steel.
Manufacturer's Website: www.spyderco.com
Cost: MSRP of 95.95. I got mine on Ebay from the Spydiguys for 52.00.
Berserker's Overall Rating: 5 Stars!
This product is vastly superior to all others in its class and is therefore Berserker-Endorsed.